Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Best Irons Ever...

What a Set-Up... I know you are smarter than that but here we go:  the Mizuno mx-300's I put in my bag a couple of months ago are just impressing the hell outta me and are tied for number 2 all-time. The Callaway x-tours were a super design for me and I played my best competitive golf with them... numero uno are the tour issued (to only their marque players) satin miura forged 05 tp cavs with milled faces (so how the hell did I get my paws on em?)... they were just too sweet (and still get a lot of tour play of course)... I also think the mp-60's and 33's deserve some mention ...even before I get to the miura cavs I played a couple of years ago... btw the 300's will never have the soft, smooth feel of the tp cavs but they are a just super design for the mid single digit guy... and that's an important distinction... Guys like me need forgiveness.. the TaylorMade '09 Burners were fine when I was shooting 80 (which I still do a lot) but there are better days on the course coming and there is enough precision in the 300's for my current low 70's good efforts...BTW... it's getting cold here (30's and 40's) so will not be out much until it stays above 50 for more than a couple of hours a day... getting nice and soft in my old age..will be 58 in June...perfect candidate for Nippon shafts... more and more I think we amatuer men should be taking our equipment cues from the LPGA girls.. What's in Stacy Lewis' bag? Pic of my unbadged mx-300 courtesy of one of my favorite websites: GolfWRX









No comments:

Post a Comment