Monday, December 28, 2009

Nippons Shafts

This was originally written to one of the great PM's I get from members at BombSquadGolf.com (BSG) and Golf WRX: Recently I went from True Temper r300 DGsl to s 950 nippons... smoother, higher ballflight and very consistent feel...and the finest clubmaker I know has for years proclaimed them the finest shafts made... tightest manufacturing tolerances and so forth.. he started putting them (and steelfiber's which I turned him onto) into top Am, LPGA, Champs Tour and a couple of PGA guys' irons.. I'm not sure how these play out for a guy who needs x100 iron shafts (legit-not the posers on the forums) with 115+ss but for the rest of us mortals I really think they are the way to go... I played them when I used 690.cb's as Titleist was the only oem that had them available and I played good golf with them... DGsl's were the new thing for a couple of years and I got most of my buddies to play them....but going back to nippons now I'd have to agree with the fitter...and they are better now than when I played them last... less dispersion I think... (although I hit the ball a lot better than I did 10 years ago...just not quite as far..:).. One very fine Pro friend plays the 850 nippons and says they are more alive than the 950's... very few companies offer them as an option (if any) so I take what the OEMs offer and try not to tinker until I'm blue in the face any more... hope that helps! Chilly, rainy and cold today in paradise...

No comments:

Post a Comment