Friday, December 18, 2009

In Praise of SKYCaddie Customer Service

So not to get into the range-finder debate of laser vs range finder (I own both)  but the Bushnell is great and so is the Skycaddie. This is about service... I plugged my SG5 in last night and being impatient I reacted to a non-responsive box for a software upgrade and ended up with a dead Skycaddie that would tell me: "no application found call customer service"... maybein the morning... I also have an SG4 so I powered it up, renewed the membership plan and discovered in the process that a non-responsive notification simply meant "you need to wait".... So now I have two functioning Skycaddies..because...

I called this morning and was put through the menu maze and became mildly annoyed as I was told I could solve my problem on-line... I was dead in the water here afterall... and then the miracle happened... about a minute into the "wait" the call was answered... the account identified and the problem explained... Opened IE and typed in the support address, agent took over my computer and a total if 15 minutes later I was good to go with a fully functioning SG5...

I am one who remembers this company when customer service was a sleepy guy with a cell phone (having owned these things since 2004) and I will never take anything away from the Bushnell Pro but the 'caddie for my amateur purposes has represented some of the best money I've spent outside of those 100 lessons with the Pro... and now SKYGOLF has the service to back up the product... Highly recommended...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I am always happy to hear a good ending to one of these stories. It's like half the time I am thinking, "Ahhh, the good old days when an actual person answered the phone!"

    ReplyDelete